Thursday 17 October 2013

Paper piecing and a new toy

This week I was determined to get up to date with my And Sew On BoM and so I did!
First up.
I Like A Big Stash
And then I tackled
Cut It Out
Whilst photoing the blocks I spotted a major error from one of the early blocks, so I then spent ages unpicking and redoing it.
Of course it had to be right in the middle of the block..... and in the process, I've knocked the handle out of line, but that is staying just the way it is!! 
Yesterday, I got them sewn together and hand stitched the details. It's now all basted ready for quilting.
Hopefully, I'll get to do that tomorrow.

And lastly, thank you so so much for the lovely people who gave me sewing machine advice. I went, I saw, I tried and I bought!
I read everyone of your points, took a list and a neon yellow ruler. And even though I went with the Pfaff Expression 3.2 in the front of my mind, I really wasn't blown away by either the sales or the machine.  And as Jo advised me 'go with the one that makes you go Ooooooo!' I did! So the Janome Horizon MC8200 was the winner of the day.
I then came home worried I'd spent too much money and that it was too big and waited until yesterday for her to arrive!
I'm still figuring out how to work her (I'm rather attached already and thinking of a name for her!) and with the children off because of a teacher strike (I don't mind them striking, but could they not take the children on the march with them???) I'll have to wait till this evening to set up the table and really get her up and running!
I'm hoping I can just give her a pile of fabric and she'll produce a beautiful quilt...... if only!

I'm linking up with the lovely Liz and Clare at


6 comments :

  1. I'm kind of lost for words about how beautiful this is. I'm just tackling the one paper piecing block and even that is causing me a bit of grief. All of these together just look so amazing! Thank you for linking up (if only so I got to see this!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks. You were right to unpick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing that quilt all come together :o) Glad you found your new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be one gorgeous quilt! Glad my advice came in handy, I can see why that one made you go oooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous blocks - it is going to look amazing all together :-) And a new machine - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper piecing is incredible! I love those blocks. And I hope you enjoy your new machine. Don't the teachers know you need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...