Thursday 24 October 2013

Hopscotch Skirt!

It's done, the model has had a strop, been bribed and we now have after a very long 10 minutes of convincing her photos of possibly my only finish of Kids Clothes Week, my Oliver + S Hopscotch Skirt!
I made it with fine wale corduroy that I bought at the Knitting & Stitching show from My Fabrics and some wooden buttons by Coats that I grabbed on Tuesday from Hobbycraft! .
It is an incredible easy pattern to follow and it was sewn together in a very short evening. Although, those takeout pockets need concentration and I could get the first one right but the second wouldn't play nicely. So I had to cut it out again!
It's really autumnal in colour and fabric and I think the little lady of the house will get a really good wear form this and I can see more in her (and my) future!
Yes, it actually is sunny here today!
The new machine (name still to be decided!) made sewing this a dream and the insides look so clean and dare I say quite professional. IMHO!
But, I have learnt a few things from this project ....
●  This colour and the fine cord made seeing my stitches eye aching work! I nearly went off the edge topstitching it several times.
●  Cord waistband + cord skirt + cord placket = too thick fabric to make a decent buttonhole from! But, I got there in the end, and it has made me change the facings for the Book Report Dress I've cut out.
●  And models need chocolate buttons in payment!
●  I only need half a metre of fabric if it a wide fabric! (Cord anyone??)

If I get the chance I might get some sewing on these pattern pieces this evening for the Book Report Dress,
but I'm not holding my breath!

I'm linking up with the lovely Liz and Clare at


6 comments :

  1. Very nice, hope the lady of the house deigns to put it on with less bribery in the future ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Joanne. Get yourself a Jean-ma-Jig it will make tackling all those layers so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully made skirt - your daughter is so lucky to have such a clever mum. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skirt and inspiration for the additional two meters of fine cord I have left over from an a-line skirt I made for myself. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt is *super* cute! I'd even wear one myself, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...