Wednesday 7 May 2014

Swoon in Progress!

I spent the Bank Holiday weekend working, washing rugby bits, weeding the garden and trying to save my sanity by sewing a few Swoon blocks.
Here's Block No.1
Block No.2
and Block No.3
But, if I'm honest block No.2 will be forever known as the block that nearly lost me my sanity. I wasn't concentrating and sewed so many bits together wrongly and had to recut some squares and unpick LOTS!!!
But it is a corker now it's done and I'm a 3rd of the way through the quilt and I have learnt I will definitely not be multitasking and Swooning again!!
I think I might do something easy before I tackle the next 3.
Oh, and I'm really really pleased I chopped into the Chicopee, I can't stop starting at these blocks.  
I'm linking up with 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


15 comments :

  1. Beautiful blocks! I love the third one--it looks really happy! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks! The 3rd one is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it IS a corker! =) such great contrast in your fabric choices for your blocks. very lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, I love the second one! I have some red voltage dot in my stash but not got round to using it yet, it is a fab print though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are gorgeous! I love that third one! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely. Please tell me this swoon is for you?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job with the stripes! I would definitely loose my sanity there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really happy to see your blocks--I need to get started on my own Swoon but needed to see some inspiration. They are truly lovely. I do hate it when I start to press a block and see something upside down or backwards or whatever and then have to start unpicking. But--what else can you do? Some blocks resist every effort to go together smothly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like where this is going.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon blocks and not for multitaskers, I am working on a Swoon right now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blocks, they definitively beat washing rugby kit any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. really pretty. Can't believe you are on your second swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done for getting a bit of sewing time to yourself - the blocks look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks are beautiful and so neat! Looking forward to seeing more of them. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...