Monday 19 May 2014

Last minute bright ideas!

I love how my brain waits until we are really near an occasion and then throws an idea in my head!
It's my mum's 65th Birthday next weekend, I have been planning a surprise Sunday lunch and trip to Ireland with my dad (he told me what he wanted to do and I've run around like a headless chicken booking and arranging it!), so things have been really hectic, then yesterday I had an idea to make her a cushion from the children.

I'd spotted and grabbed some fq's of Flower Sugar by Lecien at my local quilt shop last week and so got cutting and sewing yesterday and have pieced this.
I know the A's a little subtle than the N's, but I'm hoping with a bit of quilting it will stand out more.
I've used the Spell it with Moda pattern again, as it is so so simple to piece and my appliqué is shocking!
Now to get myself away from the sunny garden to get it quilted. 

7 comments :

  1. She will love it! Sounds hectic though, I hope she appreciates the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I have the same problem, a really good last minute idea, and then a mad rush to get it sorted! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she'll love the cushion and the trip too. Lucky Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum will be thrilled with this Joanne, a gift from her grandchildren made by her daughter, what could be better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on IG, love it Joanne! I'm sure it will be a well received gift :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, she will be thrilled with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely. Have a really fun time celebrating :-)

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...