Thursday 25 April 2013

Roly-Poly Rose!

It's day 4 of Kids Clothes Week and I have finished something else!!!
And I think it is blinking fantastic!!! In my humble opinion!!!
It's the Roly-Poly Pinafore Tunic by Rachael at Imagine Gnats!
I had been seeing glimpses of the pattern on IG and as soon as it was available to buy I bought it from here! It's on offer this week, due to it being Kids Clothes Week!
It was the first time I've printed print off and stuck together a clothes pattern and it really hasn't put me off, just need to make sure I stock up on more double sided tape!
The instructions were super clear and the whole thing came together really well. There are a couple of options on how you can make it, I opted to make it reversible and to have both sides with pockets.
My little model loved it and thought the pockets were great, I'm sure they will be a perfect place to stash  stones in!
I used Alphabetti in red from Summersville (which Lucie Summers has got really cheap in her Etsy shop at the moment!!) with a red dot from Vintage Modern by Camille Roskelly and for the reverse Apples in white with Sweater Check in red both from Little Apples by Aneela Hoey.
I can imagine this top being really well worn and in the summer (if we get one!) she can wear it without a T-shirt and it will be nice and cool!
Right, I'm off to pick some buttons for another project and see what other people having been making and posting in the Flickr Group for Kids Clothes Week!
Oh, and sorry for thew Rose overload..............We got completely carried away with the photos!!!!

5 comments :

  1. Love it, and Rachael is awesome (we sat like naughty schoolgirls in the back of a class at Sewing Summit last year :oD )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this SO much!!!! and i'm glad the double pockets worked out. and what an adorable little girl!! so sweet. and don't listen to anything that Katy says about me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool pattern and it looks fabulous in your red & white fabrics! Beautiful dress. Love the skirt & blouse from your previous posts too. Posts like these and the Great British Sewing Bee make me want to take a break from quilting and make some clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous top for the adorable Rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just adorable Joanne as is your model!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...