Monday 22 April 2013

Jumping into Kids Clothes Week

I have watched the goings-on of Kids Clothes Week from afar over the last few years and this time I'm jumping in!
The idea is an hour a day, for 7 days, to work on making some clothes for children.  To me an hour is quite achievable, even with 3 children with better social lives than me!!! And my daughter is definitely in need of some spring clothing.
So to kick me off for Day 1 of this week, I've started with a pattern I've been meaning to try for ages, the really really easy Lazy Days Skirt.

The pattern is free from Oliver +S and I truly made this in under an hour!
I've used some chambray that I had leftover from Rose's dress and some Amy Butler ribbon.
The pattern said to use the full width of the fabric, but I only had a metre of ribbon so it is a little bit narrower than it should be.
The pattern also said to not worry about finishing the seems, as you was using the selvedges, but as I wasn't and chambray frays so much, I did use French seams.
I added a little bit of ribbon as a label, which I'd seen someone do on Flickr and loved the look of.
It finished at 11" long and I could have made it shorter, but I do love a bit of growing room!!!
And I think my little model was very happy with the finished product!!
Lets see what I can get done tomorrow! I doubt it will be another finished item though!

5 comments :

  1. That looks superb and the delight on her face is definitely worth it! So did it take an hour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute skirt! I love how happy your daughter is with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her cotton socks...there's appreciation for you! The skirt is really cute, I love the ribbon trim....I am most impressed with myself as I know what a French seam is, after watching that sewing bee programme, it's brilliant have you seen it?

    Looking forward to seeing what you do tomorrow! You've set the bar now, we expect a newly finished item each day!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...