Wednesday 8 April 2015

Hi my name is .....

...Joanne and I have a serious yarn and fabric shopping problem!!!
These last two weeks I seem to have had a bit of a spate of deliveries, which did not sit well with the man of the house who seem to be in for most of them!!! Oh why is that always the law of this house!! 
First up is some yummy yarn that I snuck away from work to buy at Loop! (no getting caught with this lot!)
I got myself 4 skeins of this Sport Weight Quince & Co, Chickadee in Franks Plum, I'm thinking of the Canopy Shawl or Whispering Pines Shawl for this lot, although lots of people have said the Whispering Pines is a bit of a tricky pattern to read!?!
Then I gave into the urge from my favourites on Etsy with this Smitten II from Sweet Clement in a orange that I just cannot do justice to with the camera!
This is 4ply sock yarn that I'm eyeing-up another shawl pattern for, the Aestlight Shawl, but it scares me a bit as you knit the triangle of the shawl and then pick up stitches for the border!!!!! 
And then there was the amazing Skein Queens update on Wednesday, now I am normally at running club but it was The Husbands birthday, so I had stayed at home to have a nice meal with him and then decided to log-on and treat myself, as any good wife would do, to some stunning yarn!!! 
I know I'm so selfish selfless!!!
This one is called Unicorns Love and as Rose has asked for a Unicorn for her birthday it was a no brainer!!
Then we have Rambling Rose
Which if you have met my daughter is the perfect excuse to buy a pretty yarn. Both of these are 4-ply and one will be a Pebble Beach Shawl for me, as I gave my Juicy Fruit one to my lovely mum and the other skein is just incase the perfect pattern comes along, unless one of you clever peeps can suggest a pattern that combines the two?
And lastly on a fabric front, my Liberty Choices Bundle arrived from Duck Egg Threads on Saturday and it is delicious!!
The most perfect spring colours possible, even if the weather hasn't got the memo that Winter is over, these fabrics certainly brought a bit of fresh hope into the house. 
Now I'm off to compose a knitting list for our Easter Holiday, I haven't packed a thing for myself or the children, but clothes are easily replaced, yarn, needles and knitting patterns not so easily!!!!!
What have you been stashing recently? 

4 comments :

  1. Ooh! That Skein Queen yarn is to die for!! You are bad. But sooo good for pointing me in her direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! That Skein Queen yarn is to die for!! You are bad. But sooo good for pointing me in her direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that yarn. I don't think you have a yarn and fabric shopping problem, though, as long as you don't have a paying problem ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purchases Jo! You are going to have to find a way to sneak those packages in under the radar :)

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...