Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wednesdays Workings!

hello…. 
...to all the new followers that Sew Mama Sew have sent my way! *waves vigorously!!*
and of course
hello.. 
to my poor long suffering following followers!! *waves even more vigorously*

Today I will be mostly working on getting this quilt top into a quilt. As my friend had her baby yesterday and now we know it's a blue one!!!
I was thinking of all lovely ways to quilt it, but I bet I'll go with straight lines either side of the seams in white! What do you think?
I've got this lovely blue star fabric for the backing from my local quilt shop, it's the most perfect blue and is called Celebration by Bunny Hill Design.
I can't wait to meet him, but that won't be till after Christmas, so I'd like to get this off in the post to him and his adorable family.
I will also see seen wrestling this Doll House sausage roll into a finished dolls house mat…….I hope!!!
If you haven't already tried your luck at entering, my Sew Mama Sew Giveaway is still open over here.

I'm linking up with the brilliant
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments :

  1. I agree about straight lines. I love that blue star fabric too - it can be difficult to find decent dark blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun special delivery quilt - your friend is sure to love it! I like the way you fussy cut a few of the prints, very cute. I agree about the straight line quilting - please post a pic when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect backing fabric Joanne, how about diagonal lines across the squares just for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Perfect for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool combo and some cute details. I would probably go with the diagonal line as Fiona suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Straight lines would work well with this one. The top is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote diagonals, just to be different ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to be able to make a baby quilt for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. waving back :-) Would look cute quited diagonally with perle cotton - but you probably don't have time for that!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...