Thursday 6 December 2012

Tree Skirt Ta-dah!! & a Winner!!!!

I've finished my tree skirt!! 
I started this on Tuesday when I was stuck in waiting for the UPS man, I was unable to finish the aprons as I'd ran out of the red thread and remembered that I had downloaded this pattern. I had seen all the amazing blog posts during the Sew Seasonal blog hop and knew just what I wanted to make with them, so got cracking on the blocks. I didn't enlarge them, but went with the 5" size, as it meant that I could have more going around the bottom of the tree skirt and wouldn't have to pick between my favourites! 
The pattern was super simple to follow and as I went with the small size it enabled me to use lots of my tiny scraps. 
I had my first go at FMQ on it, and I don't think it's too terrible!! I got stuck in a few points and have crossed over threads a couple of times. 
It was a family discussion as to how big the hole should be and now i'm a little worried that it's too big, but I'll have to wait till we get the tree stand down next weekend!! 
And now to the winner of my 100th Post Giveaway! 
Thank to all that entered and all those new followers out there, but Mr Random picked..........
I didn't know how to get this on the post, so took a photo!!! So low tech! 
Mary who said

Ooo congratulations - love the cushion. What am I making for Christmas? Who knows? I've just got the Ruby Star Wrapping book so I might make some things from there, I'd also like to make some bunting oh and a pile of gifts! I'll start next week?!
WooHoo!! I'll email you after I've attended this afternoons school torture play to get your address and get it in the post to you!!! 

I'm linking my skirt up to 

8 comments :

  1. Your tree skirt looks great Joanne, congrats too on mastering the FMQing. You will have the best dressed tree around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh flipperty flip that's me - what happy news after a pants after school couple of hours, grrr children! We've not got school play until the last week of term and still have lines to learn! Hope yours was fun! And love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree skirt is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt looks great, and congrats to Mary :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tree skirt! Love how you put it altogether and your FMQ looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! The FMQ is just fabulous - who cares if you crossed over a couple of times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this winning the Sew Seasonal grand prize and for your first FMQ.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...