Thursday 20 December 2012

Ruby Star Wrap ALong - Week 7

Well, this is the last week of the wrap along and I have loved joining in and seeing everyones gorgeous makes. I have ended up with lots of new way to wrap presents and not just for Christmas!!
A few Christmas presents have even been wrapped and already gifted along the way, saving the mad rush near the big day!
This week I have tackled my favourite project from the book, the Button-Down Shirt Bag.
This started life as a very well loved shirt, that had been worn to within an inch of its life. My Husband put it into the charity bag a few months ago, but I pulled it out as I loved the fabric. Yes, I do often rummage through check what he's passing on to the charity shop and save things I like the fabric of or have an emotional attachment to!! (My name is Joanne and I am a hoarder!!)
I didn't have a plan for it then, but as soon as I saw the book I knew what it would end up as!!
I used chambray for the lining and the handles and do wished I'd popped in a magnetic snap now, but oh well!!
My Husband has no idea that I've made this, he did see the shirt on the cutting mat, but I told him I was using it to practise my cutting!!(and he believed me!!) I doubt very much that he would read this post as he has quite enough of me wittering on about sewing, fabric and wool every evening.
So the plan is to use it to give him his presents on Christmas day, it is fairly large so I can get a few in!
I just have to keep it hidden till then. Only 5 days to go! But Im not panicking....................yet!

I'm linking this project up with
Ruby Star Wrap-Along
And 

                                                    Ruby Star Contest

4 comments :

  1. What a brilliant idea Joanne, you are not the only one who "rescues" your husband's shirts! I have loads of them, I wonder if I have time to make one of these before Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You won an award on my blog Color 'n Cream. X Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, who'd have thought that the gorgeous bag was once a shirt. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rescue on the shirt! I got some mystery blue fabric that I didn't order in a package from fabric.com, so I think it's destined to becoming wrapping for some things!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...