Saturday 1 December 2012

November Sewing

All I have done is moan to anyone who would listen yesterday that 'November had just flown by in a flash' and 'Where has this year gone!' I've officially turned into my mother (which is no bad thing)!
As a child I can remember my mum saying just those phrases to adults at this time of year and them all agreeing that Christmas would be here in no time. All the time I would be thinking 'we've got ages!' and 'Christmas will never come!'
I feel completely unprepared for Christmas and the fact that Father Christmas takes most, if not all the credit for the work is leaving me feeling quite Bah-humbug! Last year I'm sure I was more prepared and had made a fair few presents by now!
Ok, rant over!
Here is my sewing for November
I've got my Spinning Stars quilt top together and am completely in love with it, but am going to wait to hand quilt that till the new year. Mostly as I've got no time and also as I've not hand quilted anything so am a little wary.
I'm giving away a copy of the book Pretty in Patchwork Holidays here if you would like to enter.
I'm off to work in the freezing cold and this evening as I defrost will be popping over see all the other amazing Fresh Sewing Day posts over at Lynne's blog.
                                                                                    Lily's Quilts

9 comments :

  1. I just found your site through Lilys Quilts - your work is gorgeous! I love all the projects in your header, and I especially love the tote bag and that adorable elephant in your collage. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice projects, can't wait to see what you are up to next. Visiting from Fresh Sewing day and your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous spinning stars! I love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for that gorgeous spinning star top

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all fantastic - I really like that little elephant stuffie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a pretty impressive month to me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wish I could sew too. Everything you made is so lovely!
    Have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great festive round-up. Hope you have thawed out by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't decide whether your HoHoHo cushion or your spinning stars quilt is my favourite in the mosaic...they're both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...