Sunday 16 June 2013

Last minute Dad's day making...

Me, last minute, never!
Thanks to Boden having a THREE WEEK wait on shorts that I ordered for the other half, I've had to be a bit imaginative for some Father's Day presents......
I turned to Katy Jones new 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks book to make a quick mug rug. With the absence of fusible web I had to ignore the perfect 'Stash 'Stache' block and make my favourite block (well it does have to go in my front room!!) Love Letter.
The block was really simple but so so clever and came together in no time. All the fabrics are from my scraps, but are mostly manly!!! I hope he likes it, if not I do!!!

Then thanks to Pinterest, I quickly printed off these brilliant forms for the boys to fill in.
I love seeing what children think about their parents! Although I did warn them to be nice!! Nothing about smells......
Are you making for Father's Day or buying? 

2 comments :

  1. The mug rug looks great, I hope he enjoyed his Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he's got his shorts now!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...