Sunday 31 March 2013

Spoolin' Around

Just a quick post, as the sun is shinning and I feel I must drag the children into the garden to remember what it feels like!!!
But I really wanted to show you my Spoolin' Around block for the 'And sew on' BoM hosted by Kristy at Quiet Play.
This came together so quickly and I just love the spools!! I've tried to keep a theme of fabrics running through the three blocks I've made and I'm liking how they are looking together! 
Also, a small bit of how quilting and fabric have changed how I look at things. Whilst wandering around a show home at the Ideal Home Show on Friday I spotted this. 
Really bad picture, but there was a massive queue behind me and I could get any further over the rope! 
Spectrum in Pink from my all time favourite fabric line Quilt Blocks in a frame! My friends who were with me, thought I was barking mad as did everyone in the show home!!! But I was so impressed! 
Well thats my Easter Weekend so far, I'm off to the garden......as the sun may only last for 10 minutes! 

4 comments :

  1. Hope you all enjoyed the sun! The block looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking great altogether! Love the fabric you used for your spools :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blocks and I am with you on looking at things in a new light now. I am forever finding potential quilt patterns in the strangest places :)

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...