Sunday 11 March 2012

Yippeee...........

It's done........ after a marathon sewing session this gorgeous sunny afternoon my quilt top is finished.
I didn't want to leave it till the week as you never know what will get in the way! I am SO happy with how it's come out, I really am 'Delighted!'
It may not be perfect, but it's my very first quilt and I couldn't be happier. As I was putting it together I was just beaming.
I still have to make a 'quilt sandwich' with the wadding and the back and actually quilt it(This is the bit that is worrying me)!!! Any quilting tips greatly appreciated.

All patterns have come from SewHappyGeek and I have to say that Jenna has created a quilt addict!! I am already thinking of my next one and which fabric and pattern I could use. Maybe something by Camille Roskelly or Aneela Hoey or both!! Just don't tell my husband....

The fabric for this quilt is Delighted! by The Quilted Fish at Riley Blake

Here it is in the last of this afternoons sun.
I'm off to enjoy a glass of wine while I keep staring at the quilt top and wonder how do I quilt it!! 

7 comments :

  1. Oh Joanne is it fabulous, you are right to be delighted with it. The glass of vino is well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever duck, it's bloody brilliant....how exciting....I know you'll figure the next bit, see how far you've come already!

    Can I have a glass of red in celebration too?!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally gorgeous. you are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be so pretty when it is all done. Like the fabric you used. I am a bit jealous that you know how to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking so gorgeous!!!
    Thank you so much for your lovely kind comment over at mines!!!
    Much appreciated
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I can comment on your blog I haven't been able to lately hence the test as I keep writing out long comments and than losing them but yeah I'm back and I can comment on all your wonderful crafts. I am so jealous of your quilting skills I am still going on a simple quilt I started ages ago. I love the hexagons too they look stunning on the bed. All the colours just work so perfectly together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Top! All your blocks look great and I really love the pretty, girly fabric! I can't wait to see how you quilt it, I am at a complete loss at how to quilt mine!

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...