Friday 9 March 2012

The last block!

This afternoon I have finished the last block from the SewHappy QAL.......boo!!!

To say I have enjoyed making these blocks is an understatement! Each week I have been excited for the next tutorial. Jenna's explanations have been clear and so easy to follow, that even tricky blocks were great to tackle, even for a complete beginner like me!

So, here is the Dresden plate block


This block came together super quick.....until.....I changed the thread from white to red and then had to re-sew the corner 4 times!! My machine just had a mad 15 minutes and wouldn't behave. The tutorial and templates are available here, if you would like to give it a try. 

Thanks to those who gave their opinion about the quilt back, I also agreed with the majority and went with the red. Here it is all finished and sewed together. 


All I have to do now is decide on a layout for the blocks and add the sashing and border. 



I've been having a play around with them to see which sits better. I find looking at photos helps me see which looks best. A few people have finished their quilt tops and they are stunning, please pop over to Flickr to see them. It's so strange to see how the same blocks can be completely changed by the fabrics, colours and layouts.

Oh, and finally, I have disabled that silly word verification on my comments as it drive me up the wall when I want to leave a quick comment on other peoples blogs. I always get the words wrong, so it has now been banished from mine!!! 
I'm off to get dinner started, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend xxx

5 comments :

  1. Your quilt looks amazing so far, you've done a great job on it, can't wait to see it pieced together and quilted.

    I took the captcha off my blog too as I was so annoyed by it, so far so good!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a go at quilting, yours is great! Your Hexipuff blanket is just lovely, it's getting so close now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are fab. I love the red square in the back. All the layouts are lovely, I'd say no matter which way you put it together it will be beautiful. Can't wait to see it all sewn up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made wonderful blocks, I love the colours!
    Have a happy and sunshiny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be LOVELY !!!! nice work !

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...