Tuesday 6 March 2012

Tuesday's tallies and a question.....


I am unsure how I managed to get this weeks hexagons done, but I did!! 14 gloriously colourful hexagons all joined in. Thank you to the elves (or glass of wine on Saturday that made me miss count!) that must have sneaked in and helped me to catch up! I was sure I was a few short. 




Anyway, this brings my total to.........182 hexagons!! It's definitely getting there, I would like to think that by Easter I might be on the border. The problem is that every time I put it on the bed,  I want it to be just a bit bigger. I'll have to see how it looks over the next few weeks.

Now for a question, as you may be aware I'm making my first quilt in a QAL with Jenna at SewHappyGeek and I need to get cracking with the back. You can see the squares I  have finished for the quilt top here, but the backing is up to me.
I've worked it all out and cut my pieces but there is one square I can't decide on.



I'm using the red at the top for the binding, so would you use the red or turquoise square? Any suggestions would be great.
I am going to catch up with the other One a Day delights and you to can see them here.  Carole hasn't posted recently, I do hope that her and her family are ok. You can also see the other One a Dayers on the Ravelry page.
Toodle pip xx

9 comments :

  1. Wow- those hexagons are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think go with the red block, its more striking that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have made such great progress on your hexagons - you are almost done!

    I too like the little red square on the back with the red binding - it really pops! I think either way will look really nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexagon blanket is just gorgeous, it doesn't look like you've got much more to do. The colours are so striking.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment, I started following your blog...don't no why you weren't in my list yet. Well, better late than never right? I drool over you blanket! And you quilt! I only quilt knitwise haha. I do love quilts and although I'm not an expert I should go for the red square.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt but I'd find it hard to choose between the red and the blue as they each create a great look. Can't wait to see what you do decide!
    And the hexis are fab too.
    Thanks for your comment - the CAL is great fun. You can find it on the Bernat website or there are groups on Rav and on Facebook - it's called Stitch Along With Us. I'm off to check the next clue now! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see your blanket I ee-appreciate it! It's really gorgeous. Love those elves that come when your drinking wine, wish they'd come here more often!

    I like the red square, think it looks very striking, your quilting is so impressive, a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, auto correct and not concentrating, and probably isn't actually a word...

    Re-appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...