Friday 3 February 2012

Blocks and a socks Ta-dah!

Firstly let me say.......Thank Crunchie it's Friday!! This week I have felt really tired and I can only think it is this really cold snap we are having. It's freezing here and they are saying we may get snow this weekend!!!!   I'm making sure we're stocked up, so we can stay in, all warm and cozy. Because as you may be aware London doesn't do snow very well! Although we do live on the very outskirts (looking over to Essex) it's very hilly and my car was snowed and iced in for over a week last time we had a flurry.

Ramble over, on to this weeks block for the Sew.Happy.Geek QAL. 

Flying geese pinwheel block

This blocks was more complex, but again with the easy tutorial it came together wonderfully. I'm still loving the fabric (Delighted! by Riley Blake) and think the blocks are working well together.


The photo is a bit wonky, but I was on tiptoes on the kitchen chair. As it gets bigger I think I'll have to hang from the roof through the velux windows!!
Please do have a looks at the Flickr group to see the other fabric please are using.

Now for my first Ta-dah for February. You may remember all the way back here I went to a sock knitting class and I showed you the sock I made that day and the full size one I finished the same week. Well, I then had to crack on with Christmas makes and forgot to make the other one, but feeling so cold has spurred me on and here they are together at last.



Pattern Quick and Chunky Sock pattern
Wool   Jarol Sweet Briar Chunky in Heather (08)

Now they are finished and I managed to get them right (even kitchener stitch!) I am ready to tackle a regular pair. So I popped into my LYS and bought some wool I have been eyeing up for a while and cast this on.
The pattern I'm using is from Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Knitting and the wool is Regia Design Line in Brilli color 04483. It's self striping and I can't wait to see how they develop.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and if your somewhere chilly, keep warm.


6 comments :

  1. Well Done with your first socks! I love the yarn that you are using for your second pair too. Looking forward to seeing the end result :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the socks, you'll be hooked on them now :)
    I love your blocks. I tried patchwork last year and was loving it but got sidetracked with morning sickness and then a very early baby, hopefully I'll get back to it soon. I gave you an award over at mine because I really enjoy your blog. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne... Happy Monday! I have just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award over at my blog... pop over to collect it (and the rules).. hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ta dahs are looking awesome, and I thought I would let you know that I have given you an award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to do quilting, and your socks look great too!
    today I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Love Judy xx
    http://vintagehomespun.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne! I have given this award to you too!
    I wish I could knit socks too, looks wonderful.
    Have a great day! Barbina

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...