Thursday 12 February 2015

Naiada Shawl Finish!!

So, I've shown glimpses of my finished Naiada Shawl by Martina Behm and now here it is in all its glory!!
I think it's safe to say that I end up loving everything I make, but this is definitely up there at the top of the Love List!!!
I love the yarn, the pattern and that is was finished to wear on one of our very rare snowy days!
I took myself, the dog and the shawl to the forest for a little photo shoot, which was to say the least an experience..............I drape shawl on tree, step back to take picture, dog pulls owner, photo is a blurred mess, shawls falls off branch, put shawl back, feed dog treat, snap quick picture, shawl falls, dog tries to eat shawl, owner has a break down and just takes a picture of shawl on snowy floor and gives up and goes home vowing to never take dog on photo shoot again!!!!!
Anyway, I started this at the beginning of January and had it finished and off the needles with about 3 weeks, so a lovely quick knit and it was lovely to have a break from knitting with 4ply. 
The pattern chart was very easy to read and it was a great project to take to the children clubs. 
The yarn was a very lucky purchase, from a rare skein being left in The Skein Queen's update the day after release (I'm nearly always at running club on the night of the updates, so miss them!!), the colour of it is so hard to photograph and do it justice, but it is beautiful and a joy to knit with. I can understand why her updates sell out within the hour or so now I've actually knitted with it. 
The wave effect in the pattern is so different and give real texture to the shawl. 

The Details: 


My addiction to Martina Behm pattern has now hit 5 shawls, so I've cast on a new shawl (the addiction to shawls will still continue, obviously!!) by Helen Stewart called Pebble Beach Shawlette, which I've had in my Ravelry Queue for a while. 
And in the theme of liking several things on the go at once I've also cast on a sweater for Rose than I bought the yarn for last year!! 
It is the Striped Sweater from Debbie Bliss Magazine and is great TV knitting, this is the back all finished and I cast-on the front last night, but if you follow me on IG you will know that I might soon run into pattern trouble as, Darling Boris the Standard Schnauzer got hold of the magazine and it now looks like this............
Me and the tween have done a bit of puzzle piecing, but there are still a few words and numbers missing, so I'm going to go forward and hope it makes sense when I get there, although The Husband knows just how upset I was and he has offered to get me a replacement if it doesn't work!! Bad Bloody DOG!!! 
I'm off to make a start on quilting straight lines on this very much neglected quilt top. 
Do you use a soluble pen to make your lines for quilting or one of those Clover Hera Markers that I've got my eye on??? The pens never seem to mark the fabric clearly enough for me, especially when its a coloured fabric. 

7 comments :

  1. Beautiful shawl! Hope you can decipher those pages, eek! I use a soluble pen sometimes but do most of my quilt marking with my trusty Hera marker. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous knitting! Sorry, but I had to smile at Boris' antics! :) I hope your parcel has arrived. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shawl is amazingly beautiful!! (Looks a little complicated to me...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous shawl. I use a Hera marker for simple designs and a fine pencil that will wash out for anything difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shawl looks beautiful in the snow - what a naughty dog! Oh and that choc you won - I hear it's seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that green yarn!!! Naughty, naughty Boris.

    P.S. I use either a chalk 'pencil' (Sewline - you can get different coloured 'leads' for it), a Hera marker (be warned that the lines don't always wash out so don't heavily mark lines which you're not going to quilt over...ask me how I know!) or, more for hand quilting, a watercolour pencil. Masking tape (low tack if it's going to be on for a while!) is also good and don't forget about the bar on your quilting foot - I find that very handy for straight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, lots of lovely knittiness round your way right now. I use a Frixion pen 99% of the time. Yep, one day soon the quilt police will be coming to take me away...

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...