Wednesday 21 December 2011

Keeping them and me busy

Well, we have just 4 more sleeps till Father Christmas arrives and my boys have been sooo excited. I have tried to get as many thing for them to do as I can. I remember the week before Christmas when I was younger, that feeling that it was never going to be the 25th!!

We have been awash with cards from their school friends and they have been filling every side of my kitchen. So yesterday I gave them the task of making some card garlands.


We just sellotaped the cards to some string and then fixed some raffia to it and tied it to the banisters. It takes up no room but lets them show off their cards. 

This afternoon we are in the process of making a Gingerbread House, (if I stop eating all the dough!) I found the recipe here and so far its going good. 


I've also been making a box of these paper wheels to make into a garland, I'm using the off cuts of wrapping paper so just need to put it together. 


They are from Christmas Crafting In No Time and are a great way to use up all those scraps. I've make a few more since this photo.  Not sure where to put them yet.

I also managed to finish my wreath for my front door on Sunday, I used and artificial wreath that I get out every year. I added some dried pomegranate, (which I have been drying in the cupboard for a few weeks) battery lights and some bright red ribbon.

Then after Christmas I can strip it all off and reuse it next year. 

I hope you are having a good week and are not to stressed by the Christmas craziness. xxxx


6 comments :

  1. Your wreath is brilliant, clever you! We have our cards in long lines taped together too, it's nice that the kids can see theirs isn't it? I've put up loads of those foil garlands, they are very 70s but I'm loving it.

    I had to laugh about your and breathe post as that was my sentiments exactly today, I was photographing some of my pressies before wrappin them and I think there may be light at the end of th tunnel!

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family, it's all so special isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of organising Christmas activities for the week before Christmas! Your wreath is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been busy. Love the wreath and the card garlands are a very good idea. Hope the gingerbread house turned out well.

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been busy, do post a photo of the gingerbread house, Id love to see how it turns out! Hope you have a very merry Christmas with your family. Thanks for always stopping by and for your lovely comments they are really appreciated! Janette xxx

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...