Wednesday 11 June 2014

WIP Wednesday - a square week

I've been sewing away, but haven't been blogging much these last few weeks, there is just never enough hours in the day to get everything done.
This week's sewing has been all about squares, big squares
a nice 2" finished.
And, then very small squares
¼" finished!! Eye achingly small!!
These are all for my Fat Quarterly Retreat Swaps, the larger squares are to be turned into Thread Catchers and the smaller squares are for my Secret Partners name tag.
I normally avoid swaps like the plague, as I don't want people seeing my shoddy workmanship, but I really felt I missed out last year not being in the sample swaps and I loved getting a name tag made just for me, so I signed up to both! I've been pinning name tags like mad for ideas and might be giving a paper pieced sewing machine a go for the back!!
Lastly this yarn arrived today from Gemini Knits and I've completely fallen in love with it, I had it made into a yarn cake within minutes!
It needs to be a Miss Winkle shawl by the beginning go July for my friends birthday, but I'll be amazed if I give it away.
A quick question for wool lovers, do any knitters/crocheters out there have a yarn swift? Are they good? I feel that my current situation is not working very well
I need to ask the hubby for one for my birthday, but I don't know if a need a wooden or plastic one? Any ideas, or are they useless?

I'm linking up with
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments :

  1. tiny squares! A paper pieced sewing machine on the bag sounds so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/4" squares! You are nuts!! Very nice nuts, but nuts all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/4" squares is pure insanity lol What's a yarn swift? My mum has knat for years, but she just knits from the ball

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the name tag!! I use my clothes horse to wind wool from the skein so I'm afraid I can't help! I think Laura Jane (Needles, Pins and Baking Tins blog/Laurajane7789 on IG and Twitter) has a ball winder, maybe she could advise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea to prepare some pieced panels for variety of projects. The yarn is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely squares! I have a plastic/metal yarn swift. I have had it about 10 years now and I love it. It makes using the yarn winder so easy and folds for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that wooden swift! I really like it -- it makes winding hanks really easy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...