Thursday 10 May 2012

Getting on with some Granny Squares

It's been over a week since I have posted and just as long since I have not spent any time crocheting or on the sewing machine. My hexagon blanket is still untouched as I've not decided on a colour and I haven't completed anymore of the Zakka Sew Along!! I also still had more of the granny square blocks for my Siblings Together quilt. My wip's list is rather long at the moment.

So, on Tuesday evening I got the children to bed promptly and the husband was off at his training, which meant I could pull out the sewing machine and get to work.  The Siblings granny blocks were my priority and I had got some cutting done earlier to make it quicker.
I was unhappy with the navy blue solid that was in two of the blocks (you can see them here), so I unpicked and changed them. I then managed to make up a further 5 blocks, taking my total to 17. I plan on making another 3 blocks as I think this will be a good size child's quilt.
I hope to get these finished next week and then sashed. I've yet to pick a backing but am hoping I can find something wide enough that I don't need to piece it! Please pop over to the Flickr group to see all the other creations and donations.

I've also have been quietly crafting in secret over the last few weeks!! I joined up with LaaLaa's God Save the Queen Jubilee Swap and have been making things for my swap partner Pj, so I can't show them on here incase she pops over and I spoil the surprise!! I have already received Pj's parcel (she's very organised!! ) but I am not going to open it until I get my stuff sent off to her. I should be finished next week and then can send it all off.
                                      
I did plan on putting up Laa Laa's button in the side bar, but I'm useless at them..... I still can't get my Ravelry one to work!

I hope you are having a productive week and if your in the UK I hope your not too wet from the drought!!!


2 comments :

  1. Very nice collection of grannies there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a clever girly, those blocks are great!

    How come it seems like only a few weeks ago that you started dabbling with some sewing and now you're a pro at it! I'm in awe in how lovely the things you make are.

    ReplyDelete

I know time is precious, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...